Re: Login problem with TIdFtp

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Login problem with TIdFtp
Posted by:  Andrew Neillans (an…@neillans.co.uk)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003

> Using TIdFTP, I can commect to the server, but cannot login because I
> do not have access to the root directory, and the server does not
> redirect me to a directory to which I have access rights.  I can find
> no way to select the initial directory with TIdFTP.

I may be missing something, but most FTP Clients I have used simply login,
and then issue the CWD <dir> command to switch to whatever you have
specified as the initial directory.

You can do this in Indy too, by connecting, logging in, then using the
ChangeDir function (I think - might be wrong with the name!)

--
Andy

Indy Dedicated News Groups:
Server: news.atozedsoftware.com