Re: 9.0.14 in BCB - Return of the winsock nightmare

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: 9.0.14 in BCB - Return of the winsock nightmare
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003

"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D8FFC4095F76E240nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com...

> Has anyone successfully used Indy 9.0.14 in BCB?  I
> upgraded from ver 11 to ver 14 today and now when I
> compile a project (new or old, doesn't matter) that uses
> Indy I receive the old "fd_set redeclared", Winsock vs
> winsock2 issues.

That issue should have already been resolved some time ago, as I went to
great measures to re-write Indy's WinSock specifically to address such
issues.  However, no matter what you do, WinSock v1 and WinSock v2 simply
cannot coexist in the same unit at the same time.  Microsoft simply did not
design the WinSock v2 header files to address all of the conflicts with
WinSock v1 correctly like it should have.  The native VCL as well as some
other third-party WinSock components still use WinSock v1.  Are you sure
that you simply aren't mixing versions together?