Re: Mail Client - TIDMessage Problem Help please !

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Mail Client - TIDMessage Problem Help please !
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003

"Pradeep Nookala" <pnooka…@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:81E56A50BE7CE240pnooka…@ntlworld.com...

> The function is working but how do I retrieve only unread messages

The POP3 protocol does not have any concept of "read" vs. "unread" messages.
That is strictly a client viewer concept.  When you download messages from a
POP3 server, you are supposed to delete them off of the server when you are
done, so that they don't exist on the server anymore.  TIdPOP3 has a
Delete() method for that.  That way, when you download new messages later
on, you're actually downloading only newly received messages each time.

> or for that matter how do I specify that I want only some kind of messages
???

You don't.  That's not how POP3 works.

> And once read How do I set to Mark as read ???

You don't.  You should delete the message entirely instead.

Gambit

---