Re: Event when data arrived or server has disconnected

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Event when data arrived or server has disconnected
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003

"glup" <nospam@kahn-gruppe.de> wrote in message
news:69C29344317DE240nospam@kahn-gruppe.de...
> How could my client get a in-time notification when
> a) the server has send data ("new data available")

There is no such event in Indy.  Clients need to poll the socket
periodically to know if data arrives.

> b) the server has disconnected

There is not specific event for that.  Indy should throw an exception the
next time you try to use the socket.  Otherwise, call the
CheckForDisconnect() method periodically.

> I know delphi uses blocking sockets

Delphi, no.  Indy, yes.

Gambit

---