Re: IdThreadMgrPool1 and C++

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdThreadMgrPool1 and C++
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003

"Jack" <gi…@ici.net> wrote in message
news:3f7b7179.63771…@news.atozedsoftware.com...

> I have to say I can't seem to get to first base with this class.
> The best I can pull off is a "Thread class not specified" error. :)

You probably did not set the ThreadClass property of the TIdThreadPool
component.  You need to tell the manager which kind of thread class to
create when needed.  It can't create any arbitrary thread class on its own.

> It seems before I use the class I need something like:
>
> IdThreadMgrPool1->ThreadClass = ???;
>
> Where the ??? would be some form of TIdThread class.

Use the '__classid' keyword, ie:

    IdThreadMgrPool1->ThreadClass = __classid(TMyIdThreadDescendant);