Re: idMessage SaveToStream

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: idMessage SaveToStream
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003

"John Mackerras" <indy…@desmac.com.au> wrote in message
news:661311BC8781E240indy…@desmac.com.au...

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this code? I can't see it.

There is nothing wrong with the code you have shown.  But there is not
enough code shown to reproduce the problem.  How are you filling in the
TIdMessage to begin with?  Please show a more complete code sample.

> The variable Y causes an access violation.

Do you mean an AV occurs when querying the Size property?  If so, then the
*only* way an AV can occur when querying that property is if the vStream
pointer itself has become corrupted, probably from memory being overwritten
incorrectly.