Re: Compression intercept

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Compression intercept
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003

"John Small" <jo…@small8242.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:7BF03CDDED81E240jo…@small8242.fsnet.co.uk...
> How do I connect the various intercept components to an instance
> of TIDTcpClient or TIDTcpServer. I can see the property "Intercept",
> but when I drop an intercept component on the form I can link it up
> to the intercept property on the client but not to the intercept property
> on the server.

That is because a client intercept is not the same as a server intercept.
They derive from different classes (TIdConnectionIntercept vs.
TIdServerIntercept).  You need to use separate intercept components on each
end of the connection.  Alternatively, you can use the server's OnConnect
event to manually assign a client intercept to the connected client via the
AThread.Connection.Intercept property.