Re: Build telnet server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Build telnet server
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003

"Stephan Leiwering" <steph…@leiwering.de> wrote in message
news:93D2E368B389E240steph…@leiwering.de...

> I have looked into the Indy components and basically the functionality
> seems to be available, but I do not want the screen to look like a
> command line application (like the WIndows ftp client).

Then you probably shouldn't be using Telnet to begin with, since that is a
command-line type of protocol.  Do you have some specific requirement for
using Telnet in particular?  If not, then I would suggest using plain TCP
client/server sockets instead (TIdTCPClient and TIdTCPServer).  The client
program that is connecting to the server can use whatever fancy GUI frontend
it wants, and then just pulls the values from the GUI to send to the server
when needed.

> How about the different telnet standards? How baout positioning the
> cursr to a certain screen position.

That deals with command-line screens, something you said you didn't want to
use.