Re: Errors-To Extra header

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Errors-To Extra header
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003

"Michael Burns" <bmicha…@pidimp.com> wrote in message
news:EC9F44F2728AE240bmicha…@pidimp.com...

> Extraheaders.values['Errors-to'] := 'xxx…@isp.com';

That is the syntax you should use.

> neither have worked It still sends the bounce message
> back to the original sender when I test

It is possible that the header is being included in the message correctly,
but is simply ignored by the recipient server that issues the error.
"Errors-to" is not a standard header field dictated by the standard RFCs.
It is an custom extension of the "sendmail" program specifically, and even
then the latest versions have it disabled by default.  If the server is not
using "sendmail" (and most don't), your header value would have no effect at
all.