Re: Firewall settings - Indy 9.00.10 Delphi 7

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Firewall settings - Indy 9.00.10 Delphi 7
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004

"Marco Gesiot" <mar…@gesiot.it> wrote in message
news:79CC40D5438DE240mar…@gesiot.it...

> My Server app has a TCP Server witch comunicates with
> clients via Internet I did open the port and DefaultPort on
> the firewall but unless I open ALL ports the server seems
> to be unreacheble for clients.

You don't show your client code at all.

>        Binding.IP := dmBase.OutIP;                        // 9011 Open
on firewall

What is the actual value of OutIP?  It must be an IP on the actual machine
that the server is actually running on.

Also, on a firewall, you only open ports, not IPs.

>        Binding.Port := dmBase.OutPort;

What is the actual of OutPort?

>        IdTCPServer.Intercept := TIdServerIntercept(IdZipIntercept);

If TIdZipIntercept derived from TIdServerIntercept, then there is no need to
cast:

    IdTCPServer.Intercept := IdZipIntercept;

> Where do I go wrong ??

You have not provided enough information to answer that question.