Re: Current Indy10 on Delphi 7

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Current Indy10 on Delphi 7
Posted by:  Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu (cp…@hower.org)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004

"mattias fagerlund" <matti…@cambrianlabs.com> wrote in
news:1009F33ED590E240matti…@cambrianlabs.com:
> major obstacle for me was that the dpks were set to explicit compile -

This is on purpose. Implicit compiles often create unwanted chain reactions
that cause other issuse.

> (TIdBaseComponent)
>    constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent); reintroduce; overload; //

What issue needs to be changed here? This area compiles in D7 and D8.

> Delphi just never caught on - because I wasn't explicitly re-building
> IndySystem70.dpk (the error occurs when trying to compile one of the
> other packages when TIdBaseComponent should have it's create overriden).

Its not permitted to override the create anymore and thats why its done that
way. See the big comment about this in IdBaseComponent.pas and what to use
instead.

All Indy files were adjusted to take care of this already except SuperCore
which is an optional package.

> Aaanyway, I'm sure you're well aware of all the "errors" I ran across so
> I won't bore you with that, the errors were mainly due to the fact that
> the code wasn't in synch - files had changed names but they were still
> being included using the old name (which won't work, obviously).
> IdGlobal / IdCoreGlobal for instance.

These were all fixed too. It sounds like you have old pkgs.

> What I'd like to ask is - is there a way to check out a functioning
> version of Indy10, or do I wait until it stabilizes? Perhaps the next
> time it all at least compiles, you could drop another version label?

We are working on a distro.