Re: Decoding Emails with Indy10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Decoding Emails with Indy10
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004

"glup" <nospam@kahn-gruppe.de> wrote in message
news:569330DA2B93E240nospam@kahn-gruppe.de...

> I want to decode in _memory_ a embedded message/rfc822 part.

Such content would be stored in a TIdText to begin with.  Simply pull the
content out of the message part's Body property.

Unless the message is attached instead of inlined, in which case you could
store the attachment into a TIdAttachmentMemory message part (look at the
TIdMessage.CreateAttachmentClass property and OnCreateAttachment event) and
then access its DataStream or DataString property.

> 2. How do I get the structure of the mail?

What do you mean exactly?

> 3. How do I get these parts in a raw format (as TStrings) without
> anything done regarding charset, encoding and other transformations.

Only TIdText already does that.  Simply access its Body property, which is
already a TStrings.