Re: How to get Indy to dial?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to get Indy to dial?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004

"globalspy" <ema…@address.com> wrote in message
news:5FC69D016593E240ema…@address.com...

> I need my app to dialup to the Internet.

Then you need to handle that yourself manually.

> What do I need to do to get my program to check if a
> connection is active and dialout if there is none?

Look to the Win32 RAS API for that.  Specifically, at the
RasEnumConnections() and RasDial() functions.

> Is it possible to get it to dial out automatically on
> the default connection?

Not with Indy, no.  It has no concept of that.  Nor should it - Indy is a
protocol library, it handles communications on top of existing Internet
connections, it does not auto-dial them if offline.