Re: AMaxWorkCount Question

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: AMaxWorkCount Question
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004

"James A. Schulz" <jaschu…@wiseware.com> wrote in message
news:451E38705394E240jaschu…@wiseware.com...

> When I do a Get, the value of AMaxWorkCount
> (in the OnBeginWork handler) is always zero.

That only occurs when Indy does not know the size of the transferring data
ahead of time.

> The filesize is available on the server from which I
> am getting the file in question.

But, the actual issue is, are you getting the file size in your own code
before the transfer, or is the file size being made available in the actual
transfer data itself?  That is a very important distinction that you need to
make.

> How can I get OnBeginWork to fill the AMaxWorkCount with the filesize?

Without seeing your actual code, usually the answer is "you can't".  Indy
either knows the data size or it does not.  It depends on what you are
actually doing to initiate the transfer to begin with.  Please provide more
details.