Re: HL7 question

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: HL7 question
Posted by:  Jimmie (j…@jshahan.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004

Dave,

I my limited experience with third party clients.  The third party
clients would not attempt to send a message unless the connection was
active.  If my server was down the as soon as it came up the messages
would start streaming in.  If they sent a message and did not get the
appropriate acknowledgment it would stay in the que.  If you are writing
  a client the hl7client has a property connected

  If hl7client.Connected Then
  begin
    // send message
  end
  else ShowMessage('Not Connected to Server..');

Jimmie Shahan