|Subject:||TcpClient <=> TcpServer Communication problems : data seems never to arrive !|
|Posted by:||Stephane Wierzbicki (swierzbic…@fermoba.fr)|
|Date:||Fri, 16 Apr 2004|
I'm writting a simple client/server application. I'm using D7 and Indy
I will try to explain how it works, and what kind of problems I'm facing :
The client software is installed on 2 servers.... (not from the same
The launching the client software, it :
- Read an Ini file and check all the sections...
- For each Sections in the ini file it gather infos and create a new job
- Each Connections are doing this :
- Extract data from an sql table on the client side (works)
- Zip the extracted data (works)
- Connect to the remote server (works)
- Send the file (works)
- Server answer fille created or not (works)
- Tell the server to unzip the file (works)
- Server answer file unziped or not (works)
- Tell server to insert the new table (works but insertion take a long
long time : from 30min up to 90min depending the size of the table)
- Server ansnwer that datas has been inserted or not ===> Here is my
problem. ( get sometimes an answer)
- Client Close the connection and mark the job as finished and tells if
everything was ok or not (given the server result) ====> Never close....
- A thread is running, when all job are finished, the application is
terminated and a log file is written
I only get answer on the 1srt launched Client. and on the 1st job.
Right now, On both client , there is 2 jobs.....
The Client never close !
In the Client side, I create for each job, a new Tcpclient...
In the server side, I one TCPServer component :
In the Execute event, I use this :
With AThread.connection Do
Do some action
If the server disconnect the thread, the client stay still connected !!!!
Can someone helps me ?