Question about 'translating' ProxyType settings

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Question about 'translating' ProxyType settings
Posted by:  Glenn Carr (glenn@nospam-glenncarr.com)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004

We are are dumping a commercial Ftp component for Indy, and we are trying to
translate the proxy type settings between the two components.  If someone
could comment on the following mappings[1], it would be greatly appreciated.
Below these mappings is the Indy documentation I have[2]

Thanks,
Glenn

[1] My best guess at mapping:

> ftpProxyNone - No proxy server. Straight connection.

fpcmNone

> ftpProxySocks4 - Uses a SOCKS V4 Proxy.
> ftpProxySocks5 - Uses a SOCKS V5 Proxy.

??? fpcmTransparent?

> ftpProxySiteHost - Connects to proxy and sends:
>    SITE <hostname>
> to establish connection to host, afterwards User is logged in
> using Username and Password.  If ProxyUsername and ProxyPassword
> are specified, user is logged into proxy before sending SITE request.

fpcmSite

> ftpProxyUserLogin - Connects to proxy and logs in
> with ProxyUsername and ProxyPassword, then connects to host
> by sending:
>    USER <username>@<hostname>

??? fpcmUserSite or fpcmUserPass?

> ftpProxyNoUserLogin - Connects to proxy and sends:
>    USER <username>@<hostname>

??? fpcmUserSite?

> ftpProxyOpen - Connects to proxy and sends:
>    OPEN < hostname>

fpcmOpen

> ftpProxyPipeProxy - connects to a predetermined server and
> logs in using supplied username and password.

???

------------
[2] Indy FtpProxyType docs...

ProxySettings.ProxyType also indicates both the method and values used for
authenticating the proxied connection to the FTP server in Login, according
to the following proxy type values and methodologies:

fpcmNone - Sends the FTP client Username and optional Password.

fpcmUserSite - Sends the ProxySettings Username and optional Password,
followed immediately by the FTP client Username and optional Password.

fpcmSite - Sends the ProxySettings Username and optional Password, sends the
SITE command and the FTP Host property, and the FTP client Username and
optional Password.

fpcmOpen - Sends the ProxySettings Username and optional Password, sends the
OPEN command with the FTP Host property, and the FTP client Username and
optional Password.

fpcmUserPass - Calls SendCmd with the command USER user@proxyuser@host,
calls SendCmd with the command PASS pwd@proxypwd, or optionally PASS pwd.

fpcmTransparent - Sends the ProxySettings Username and optional Password,
followed immediately by the FTP client Username and optional password.

fpcmHttpProxyWithFtp - Not implemented at this time.