Re: IdMessage.LoadFromStream(aTempStream); takes forever (latest Indy10 Snapshot

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdMessage.LoadFromStream(aTempStream); takes forever (latest Indy10 Snapshot
Posted by:  Thomas Zangl (usen…@tzis.net)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004

Thomas Zangl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade to the latest Indy10 Snapshot today (I used one from
> May 10th 2004 before) and now "LoadFromStream" of a IdMessage does not
> work any longer. Why??!?! It hangs in an infinite loop. I tried adding a
> Message Delimiter (<crlf>.<crlf>) but this does not help.
>
> Its anyoing to upgrade and things stop working :-/

[Update]

I traced the hang down to this line:

function TIdMessageDecoder.ReadLn: string;
begin
  Result := SourceStream.ReadLn;
end;

Which leads to this:

function TIdIOHandler.ReadLn(
  ATerminator: string;
  ATimeout: Integer = IdTimeoutDefault;
  AMaxLineLength: Integer = -1)
  : string;

and there it hangs.... (forever / until timeout (== -1))

--
Thomas