Re: changing ipadres of my networkcards

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: changing ipadres of my networkcards
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004

"eric" <eric.verstrep…@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:A0E988B58FA8E240eric.verstrep…@pandora.be...

> Maybe this is the wrong newsgroup

You are right, this is the wrong newsgroup.  The wrong server, in fact, as
this issue has nothing to do with Indy at all.

> I have a laptop that i use at home and in the office on a
> network. I am sick of always changing the Ipadres of
> my laptop and the other configuration settings.

Why not just have multiple configurations at a time?  Even if you just have
a single network adapter, you can have multiple network configurations for
it, and the OS will automatically use the configuration that works on the
current network.

Alternatively, why not just use DHCP for your network?

Either way, you don't have to keep changing network settings all the time.

> Is Indy the right tool for it ?

No.  Indy is a communications library, not a network management library.