Re: Dialup (RAS)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Dialup (RAS)
Posted by:  David Goadby (dav…@dgoadby.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004

Hi Christian,

The question has been asked many times. I ended up using MagRas which works
ok. This was not free but there are some free components around if you look.
The BIG problem with RAS is Windoze keep changing the API and there are a
lot of non-trivial changes between Win98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP. The better
RAS components take care of all of this for you. I tried quite a lot of RAS
components (some free and some purchased) and MagRas worked the best for me
although I did find a few holes in it.

Regards

David