Re: Status of IPv6 support

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Status of IPv6 support
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:07:25 -0500, Frederick C. Wilt wrote:

> Hello
>
> What is the status of support for IPv6?

Many components currently support IPv6.  The server and clients have
supported IPv6 for some time.  I made some fixes in our current source-code
so IPv6 could work better with SOCKS5.  The FTP client and server also
support some IPv6 extended commands (EPSV and EPRT).  DNS does support the
AAA record (needed for IPv6).  You should get the source-code from VCS.
The design-time bindings editor does support IPv6.

Some things such as IdIPMCast still don't support IPv6.  I'm not sure about
Ping.

I can say that a few things in Indy will NEVER support IPv6 because the
protocols themselves don't support IPv6.  One example is SOCKS4.  There may
be a few other cases.

HTH.