Re: TCPClient - occupies 50% of processor time?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TCPClient - occupies 50% of processor time?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004

"Inter-biz" <in…@REMOVEinter-biz.hr> wrote in message
news:BE69AB508AB5E240in…@REMOVEinter-biz.hr...

> I have simple application using TCPClient (Indy10).
> When connecting to server, my CPU usage (P4, HT, 2,8GHz)
> grows to cca. 50% and keeps there until disconnecting. Why
> is that so? I would like to keep connection for longer time,
> and not work in 'disconnected' mode.

Since you have not shown any of your code yet, I have to suspect your own
code is at fault before I suspect Indy.  TIdTCPClient is not threaded at
all.  There is no way for it to utilize 50% of the CPU, unless you are using
it inside a tight-looping thread, or a short timer, or the like.  In which
case, your own code, not Indy, is at fault.