Re: Need to get a new window url

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Need to get a new window url
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004

"Ed" <ebraze…@selectqu.com> wrote in message
news:6BD2CF9851B8E240ebraze…@selectqu.com...

> When tring to write a app the hides the ie windows, by using
> idhttp1 to navigate. But one address opens a browser window
> open and I want to capture the url and open a WebBrowser
> window of my own, so I control the responses.

If you are using TIdHTTP to download the HTML, then there is no possible way
for browser windows to be opened while downloading the HTML.  That requires
you to pass the downloaded HTML to a real browser for display.  Are you
actually doing that?  If so, then you need to hook the browser itself to
receive its notifications, such as when new windows are opened.  You can
then stop the windows from opening and handle the attempted URL accordingly.