Re: Indy + Kylix - what are the limits?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy + Kylix - what are the limits?
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005

"Filipe" <fili…> wrote in message

> I was planning to change my Indy source (version 9.0.18 I think),
> to create a thread to mannage 10 connections instead of using
> one thread per connection, but I have no idea of how much work
> this will require.

A lot.  Indy 9's architecture does not support that kind of threading.  Indy
10, on the other hand, does support advanced threading architectures.  Such
as fibers, which essentially allow a single thread to run multiple tasks (In
Indy's case, multiple connections).  Unfortunately, fibers are only
available under Windows.  I don't think Indy has any such offerings for