Re: How to determ which part belongs to another header?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to determ which part belongs to another header?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005

"Perry Kappetein" <someo…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:E1E6678521C6E240someo…@hotmail.com...

> I am working on a news program, but after getting all the
> headers how do you determ which part belongs to the
> other i.e.  a picture is in 3 parts  [1/3]  [2/3]  and [3/3]

Use the References header.  The is the only standard way that messages refer
to each other.  Anything beyond that requires parsing of non-standard
Subject headers.

> I've looked at all the information that I can get, but can't figure
> out how to determ that they belong to each other..  not finding
> any reference too eachother..

Typically, there aren't any.

> Someone told me, to look at the subject.. but that sounds
> very weird to me.

Weird or not, that is what people actually do.  Which can be problematic
because there is no standard way to format such Subject texts to begin with.
Subjects are at the descretion of the poster, who can use whatever he/she
wants.