Re: how to use the NNTP service in a Thread?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: how to use the NNTP service in a Thread?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005

"Perry Kappetein" <someo…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6424CAC03DC8E240someo…@hotmail.com...

> I am trying to use  the NNTP into a Thread but can't get it to work..

Why not?  You need to be more specific.

> Getting a error when I am running this

What is the actual error?

> What am I missing or doing wrong?

First and foremost, why are you synchronizing the XOVER back to the main
thread?  That defeats the whole purpose of using a thread to begin with.

Second, your problems seem to keep stemming from using the
TIdThreadComponent.  Have you tried not using that to begin with?  Try
deriving a new class from TIdThread (or even just the VCL's own TThread
class) directly, and not use the component wrapper at all.