Re: DirectoryListing throwing NullReference exception for no reason

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: DirectoryListing throwing NullReference exception for no reason
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005

"Aditya Gaddam" <adityagadd…@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:49B8F266DFCAE240adityagadd…@gmail.com...

> I am pretty sure I am doing this right. I have connected to a server
> and one method using List() and StringCollection lists the folders/files
> in a directory fine. But when I try to do anything with DirectoryList,
> it keeps throwing a runtime NullReference exception.

Did you include any of the FTPListParse units into your code?

> I am not even trying to get the list of items, just the count.

Then you don't need to access the DirectoryListing at all.  When you pass a
StringCollection to List(), the StringCollection receives the same raw data
that the DirectoryListing parses.  You can get the Count from the
StringCollection directly.