Re: Indy 10 / Delphi 5 installation problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 10 / Delphi 5 installation problem
Posted by:  Mark J. Wallin (mjwall…@cavtel.net)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005

Mark J. Wallin wrote:
> I am attempting to install the latest version of Indy 10 (downloaded
> today) into Delphi 5 Prof.  In trying to install the package
> dclIndyProtocols50.dpk, I am getting this error: "Cannot load package
> 'IndyProtocols50'.  It contains unit 'FileCtrl'; which is also contained
> in package 'Vclx50'"
>
> I believe Vclx50 is a Delphi 5 installed unit.  Any idea what I need to do?
>
> Mark J. Wallin
Never mind.  I found the earlier thread regarding this problem and will
try to implement it.

However, I found the earlier thread only by scrolling through the
messages.  For some reason, when I try to do a search on message subject
(I am using Thunderbird 1.02 as my news reader), I get the error "A News
(NNTP) error occurred: Command not recognized".  Is this a Thunderbird
incompatibility or does the server not support message searching?  The
search works find on other news servers.

Mark J. Wallin