Re: Request.GetFieldByName('HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING') returns empty

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Request.GetFieldByName('HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING') returns empty
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005

"York Shiu" <adm…@iTrack.cn> wrote in message
news:EC3B3613AFD0E240adm…@iTrack.cn...

> I try to get the browser encoding info and use
> Request.GetFieldByName('HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'),
> however, it returns empty, any workaround solution?

For future reference, please always specify the actual component(s) you are
using.  I had to hunt around for GetFieldByName() to find out that you are
using TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge.  You also did not specify which version of
Indy you are using.

If 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING' is returning an empty string, then the browser
likely did not include 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING' in its request to begin with.