Re: 2 questions/problems

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: 2 questions/problems
Posted by:  Ciaran Costelloe (ccostell…@flogas.ie)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005

OK, assuming the 8/18 refers to this year (which allows me assume
certain bugs are not in your version)... :-)

Connie McBride wrote:
> Using SMTP, Delphi 7, WinXP
> Problem 1 :
> I am setting the 'reply to' information on my message.
> MS outlooks reports it correctly.
> My .iwon email, however, reports the return mailing address (and the
> from address) to 'Mailer-Daemon'.

Just before you send it, do a TIdMessage.SaveToFile, and make sure
there is a reply-to line:

If that is present, it looks like Indy is OK.

At the Outlook end, if you look at the raw email, you will find a
number of Received lines:

  by flogas.ie (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.2.10)
  with ESMTP id 908887 for …@domain.ie; Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:31:17 +0100

It looks to me like .iwon is maybe incorrectly parsing one of these as
the ReplyTo.

Copy&paste the email contents here if you want it checked further.

> Problem 2 :
> I have the following code :
>      if (rList.Count > 0) or (uList.Count > 0) then
>      begin
>          with TIdText.Create(emMessage.MessageParts, nil) do
>          begin
>            ContentType := 'text/html';
>            ParentPart := ppart;
>            Body.LoadFromFile(fName);
>            for x := reBody.Lines.Count - 1 downto 0 do
>                Body.Insert(0, reBody.Lines[x]);
>          end;
>      end
>      else
>          emMessage.Body.Assign(reBody.Lines);
>
> Everything is attached or embedded properly, BUT
> if I have 3 lines of info in reBody (which is an rtf control), then I
> only get one line in my email.
> For example :
> 1
> 2
> 3
> gets put in my email as 1 2 3.

An rtf control does not necessarily have CRLFs.  If it really is rtf,
you should be setting the content type to text.rtf.  You must set this
in TIdMessage if you have no attachments.

Ciaran