Re: idFTP uploading files but cannot be downloaded through browser

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: idFTP uploading files but cannot be downloaded through browser
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

"Codeman II" <thegentlem…@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
news:E26F531CCCDDE240thegentlem…@webmail.co.za...

> But the problem is that after the files have been uploaded
> successfully I can not access them through the URL. Although
> if I connect with my FTP client software (FileZilla / CuteFTP)
> the files do exist in the uploaded directory.

Are you saying that the files are not actually being uploaded when using
TIdFTP?

> What I thought was that I must do some SPECIAL disconnect
> with idFTP to submit or close the connection properly.

That is not correct.

>        //Upload (FTP) Exe file
>        idFTP.Put(tblApplicationsLocalPath.Value,
> ExtractFileName(tblApplicationsRemotePath.Value), False);

You are not navigating to any folder on the FTP server prior to uploading..
Are you sure that the FTP session is opening in the proper folder initially?

>        idFTP.Quit;
>        idFTP.Disconnect;

Quit() calls Disconnect() internally.  You do not have to call it
explicitally.