Re: How can I obtain multiple IP addresses from one hostname?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How can I obtain multiple IP addresses from one hostname?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005

"Fumio KAWAMATA" <fum…@my.email.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:48BB6E60E6DFE240fum…@my.email.ne.jp...

> I can obtain one IP address from one hostname as below.
>
>    IPAddress:=MyStack.ResolveHost(HostName, ID_DEFAULT_IP_VERSION);

ResolveHost() is specifically designed to only return the first available
address for a hostname.

> How can I obtain multiple IP addresses from one hostname?

There is currently nothing in Indy that specifically does that.  You would
have to call the socket API gethostbyname() function directly, or else
perform your own DNS lookup manually.

>  - Indy Version 10.0.52.

That is a very old build.  The current snapshot build is 10.1.5.  You should
consider upgrading.