Re: Startup Snags with Indy 10 and D9

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Startup Snags with Indy 10 and D9
Posted by:  univer…@NOSPAMnetcabo.pt
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005

Ross McMillan wrote:
> I recenly installed D9/2005 and removed the bundled version of Indy.  I have
> installed the snapshot and my app compiles OK and seems to run, but when D9
> starts up I get three snag messages:
>
>  Failed to load c:\program files\borland\bds\3.0\Bin\dclIndyCore.dll.
>  File or assembly name dclIndyCore.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
> found.
>
> followed by:
>
>  Failed to load c:\program files\borland\bds\3.0\Bin\dclIndyProtocols.dll.
>  File or assembly name dclIndyProtocols.dll, or one of its dependencies,
> was not found.

Did you forget to remove the design packages from the IDE before
removing the files? Those messages only appear for packages in the
design packages list. You should always uncheck and remove the Indy
packages before updating.

> The reason it can't find the DLL files is because I renamed them to keep
> them out of trouble, but shouldn't the package installation regenerate them?

Yes, but not where you think: they're probably in "My Documents\Borland
Studio Projects\Bpl".