Re: idFtpServer check connected

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: idFtpServer check connected
Posted by:  Maarten (notval…@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005

> It will if you implement timeouts in your server code.  A lot of servers
> nowdays close connections when a client has been idle for too long without
> sending any commands.  The easiest way to do that in TIdFTPServer is to
use
> the OnConnect event to set the ReadTimeout for the connection.
>
> Gambit

Hi Gambit,

Thanks for your repley,  I think this is what I'm looking for, for now it's
working great.

I ran into one thing, when I disconnect and connect the network cable in a
fast pace, my application generates an Acception eAccess Violation. Is this
something the FtpServer component generates? I can't catch it anywhere in a
try except and in my ApplicationEvents neither. (Stop on delphi exceptions
is off)