Re: How can I convert this method to be compatible with the latest Indy version?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How can I convert this method to be compatible with the latest Indy version?
Posted by:  Don (kingfi…@joesgarage.org)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005

> I'm a little bit lost, I first move my prject from Indy 9 to Indy 10, I
> needed to change everything related with Stream. Now, I'm moving from Indy
> 10 to indy 10.1 and my code is broken.

> Here is one of a no more working method.
> Can someone be kind and point me what to change ? This would be vry
> friendly.

I feel your pain.  And I commend you on your restraint... my complaints
about this issue are often more emotionally charged.<g>  IMO, unless more
people complain about code breakage between revisions... the practice is
likely to continue.

> I tried to change the TIdStreamVCL to TStream, but I can't get it working
> !

> function SendfileToServer(AIdTCPClient:TidTCPClient;
> AFilename,ASiteId:string):boolean ;
> var
>  LWrapper : TIdStreamVCL;

Try using the TIdStream class in IdObjs.pas instead of TIdStreamVCL.