Re: IndyDocs_10.1.1.822_Html.zip corrupted my hard drive

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IndyDocs_10.1.1.822_Html.zip corrupted my hard drive
Posted by:  Don (kingfi…@joesgarage.org)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005

> You should have a warning beside the HTML help download.

> Its 32mb and has so many files that it crashed my hard drive many times,
> when trying to look at the directory after I unzipped it!

I am afraid this is one of the joys of using Doc-O-Matic. It puts all
generated HTML files in one directory.  But it did not crash your hard
drive.  It might be slow in reading the directory listing... but it didn't
harm it in any way.

The best advice I can offer (either here or on the website) is to not
blindly install stuff you find on the Internet without looking at it first.