Re: Indy 9 in LAN House Software

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 9 in LAN House Software
Posted by:  poojo hackma (poojo.com/mail)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005

Do you use the Timeout feature?  Wouldn't it be best to set your Timeout to
the amount of time remaining?

IMHO, a timer on the server would only slow down your server.  The client's
PC should be able to keep track of the time left.  Is there some security
reason for wanting to use the server's clock?