Re: Can Indy Connect to 230 Servers each generating 26 1K packets per second

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Can Indy Connect to 230 Servers each generating 26 1K packets per second
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

"Bob Rasmusens" <wjgro…@weir-jones.com> wrote in message
news:43B2F9FD.B03BE…@weir-jones.com...

> I am using Indy 9.0.14 and Delphi 7.

That is an old build of Indy 9.  The current snapshot build is 9.0.50.

> Can I use Indy, on a single computer, to connect to these 230
> servers and reliably recieve all packets

Yes.

> without overloading the receiving computer?

That is dependant on the server's design in how it handles sockets.  But 230
is not very much.

> Should I use multiple threads?

If you want to receive all of the packets as fast as possible, then you will
have to use threads.

> Blocking? or non Blocking?

Indy uses blocking sockets only.