Re: From field?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: From field?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006

"Jim" <rep…@groups.please> wrote in message
news:91E47DDDFEE7E240rep…@groups.please...

> I cannot find a "From" property for sending NNTP messages.
> This is pretty important, as you don't want to use your real address
> when posting to newsgroups on account of the spambots that cruise
> the newsgroups looking for email addresses to ravage.

Just like with the email components, TIdNNTP uses TIdMessage for sending and
receiving messages.  TIdMessage has a From property.  The only difference
between sending an email and posting a newsgroup message (other than routing
issues) is that the NNTP protocol does not validate sender addresses like
the SMTP protocol does.  Which means that there is nothing stopping you from
specifying any address you want in the TIdMessage.From property when posting
to an NNTP server.