Re: Problem after upgrading to Indy 10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem after upgrading to Indy 10
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006

"TS" <teles…@tin.it> wrote in message
news:7CD81FB86DE8E240teles…@tin.it...

> Now when I try to run an Indy based application I got a debugger
> exception at run time: "EReadError ... property ConnectTimeout
. does not exist". The property is visible in the object inspector.

Did you remove Indy 9 from the machine first?  Indy 9 did not have a
ConnectTimeout property.  The executable is likely still linking to old Indy
9 files while the IDE uses the newer Indy 10 files.

> If I manually remove that property from the component, the application
seems to work again.
> The same happens for the "IPVersion" property.

Likewise, the IPVersion property did not exist in Indy 9, either.