Re: How do I get Indy 10 to Install into Delphi 5

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How do I get Indy 10 to Install into Delphi 5
Posted by:  m (ma…@edwards.org)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006

Grant Brown wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> How do I get Indy 10 to install into Delphi 5.
>
> I have used indy10.1.5_d5.exe to install indy and that seems to run
> without any issues, but when I open delphi 5 I get the following error
> messeage
>
> "Cannot load package 'IndySystem50.'  It contains unit 'FileCtrl',
> which is also contained in package 'Vclx50'"
>
> How do I solve this problem ?

I have the same problem. I just download the latest installer package
(AtoZed installer) and it doesn't work. Same message appears as you wrote.

I can open the package files and compile them but I can't install them.
For what it's worth, when I do compile the IndySystem50 package a
message pops up saying that VCLx50.bpl needs to be added for FileCtrl.
So I let the compiler do that and it compiles fine. Even so, it won't
install.

If you find out how to make this work please post a message to this
newsgroup.