Re: Random disconnect over WAN

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Random disconnect over WAN
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006

"Christian Gorski" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message
news:F0D86C2BCDEFE240no.spam@no.spam.com...

> I have the problem, that very often connections (TIdTCPServer <->
> TIdTCPClient) over WAN get disconnected after some time
> of not sending any data

Do you have a non-infinite ReadTimeout value assigned to the connection?
How exactly are you reading the data?  It is likely that a timeout exception
is being thrown on the server side that is terminating the thread which is
managing the connection.

> Is it possible that the ISPs close those connections?

That is not very likely.  Are you behind a firewall or router, though?  If
so, then they be closing idle connections to free up resources.