Re: Google ranking

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Google ranking
Posted by:  Lance Ras (lan…@cdesoftware.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006

Each search engine has their own scheme and formula.

A lot of it has to do with key words and other things.  However some,
such as Google, are actually penalizing sites that get over aggressive
in  techniques that are intended for creating higher ranks or broader
searching.

Tunneling techniques, for example, will most likely get your site
demoted.  There was an article that an auto manufacture was using a
tunnel technique legitimately to manage its visitors, but Google saw it
as being over aggressive and then demoted/removed them. After some head
butting and some modification, Google restored their status.

If you are looking for ways to "work the system" to programatically work
the rank up, good luck.  I have yet to see something that works....  or
that works for more than a short period until the search engine slaps
you for doing it.

Lance