Re: Bug in IMAP4 ?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Bug in IMAP4 ?
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006

"Feijó" <fei…@x.suply.com> wrote in message
news:B0D709FCB0F3E240fei…@x.suply.com...

> the line # 5613 on IdIMAP4:

Which version of Indy are you actually using?

>        if ((LWord[1] = '{') and (LWord[Length(LWord)] = '}')) then begin

On my copy of TIdIMAP4, that line is on #5417.

> raises this error:
> Access violation at address 0066B4DE in module test.exe'. Read of address
> 00000000.

The way I see it in the current Indy 10 smapshot, whenever TIMAP4 calls
ParseIntoBrackettedQuotedAndUnquotedParts(), TIdIAMP4 never validates the
Count or the items of the resulting TStringList.  In this particular case,
the LWord variable is most likely being assigned to an empty string, whereas
index 1 is not a valid character index.