Re: How do I downgrade to Indy 9 in BDS2006?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How do I downgrade to Indy 9 in BDS2006?
Posted by:  Warren Postma (…@tekran.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006

Fred Hebert wrote:
> Is it possible to have both active, easliy switch between the two, because
> I would like to keep Indy 10 for my Delphi projects?

I use the -r feature on the command line to start different environments
for Delphi development, with different sets of components (indy9 versus
10, etc) loaded.

For example, my shortcut for starting the Delphi personality only, and a
special registry section:

"C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\bds.exe" -RBDS_Indy9 -pDelphi

If you run regedit, go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS

Export that to a .reg file, open the .reg file in an editor of your
choice and rename  Software\Borland\BDS to Software\Borland\BDS_Indy9
for example,  then double click that reg file to re-import. You now have
a delphi personality called BDS_Indy9, which you run by running

"C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\bds.exe" -RBDS_Indy9

If you want to speed life up, add -pDelphi to the above line, and you'll
get the delphi personality only.

The same trick works in Delphi 7.  I have indy 9 and 10 installed in
delphi 7 and 2006, and it works great this way.

Warren