Re: Strange behavior on one machine

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Strange behavior on one machine
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006

"Perry Way" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:1C4E102E79F6E240nospam@nospam.com...

> I have made a web server using TIdTCPServer.

Any reason why you are not using TIdHTTPServer?

> one machine (Windows 2000 Pro) sporadically maxes out 100%
> CPU and starts eating up RAM rather quickly.

Since you didn't show any of your code, there is no way to diagnose that.
Offhand, it sounds like a runaway thread that is running a tight loop and
not freeing any memory that is allocated in that loop.

> I am using version 9.0.4 currently.

That is a VERY old version.  The current Indy 9 snapshot is v9.0.50.  You
should seriously consider upgrading, and then see if the problem continues.