Re: Bluetooth?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Bluetooth?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006

"Marshall E. Fryman" <mfrym…@prg-mfryman.site> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.23.16.24.48.3006…@prg-mfryman.site...

> I ran across an article on Experts Exchange from an indy developer
> suggesting that Indy supports bluetooth. Any chance that's true
> and/or completed development?

Indy has no native support for Bluetooth, and no plans to support it.  Indy
is primarily a TCP/UDP sockets library.

Now, whether or not someone is developing their own Bluetooth support
outside the Indy project is a different matter.  Indy's architecture is
pluggable enough that someone could write a Bluetooth-enabled IOHandler
class and use it with Indy if they wanted to.