Re: Current Indy for Builder 6

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Current Indy for Builder 6
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006

"poojo hackma" <poojo.com/mail> wrote in message

> I can not seem to find anything that says Builder 6 can not use Indy 10.

There is no documentation that specifically states that.  Only old newsgroup
postings.  There is still no official support for installing Indy 10 in
C++Builder.  However, the Indy source code is compatible with C++, so if you
write up your own install script, you can compile the Indy 10 packages
manually and then install them into the IDE.  Other people have been able to
do that.  At once time, I myself had a copy of Indy 10 that compiled under
C++.  But not lately, since I've been making a lot of changes to my local
copy of Indy.