Re: Logging transfer

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Logging transfer
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006

"Mr. Wuf" <w…@email.si> wrote in message
news:654DDD5BF300E340w…@email.si...

> I have a project and use these components: TIdIMAP4, TIdPOP3
> and TIdSMTP. How do I log everything whats going on?

Have you looked at the OnStatus event yet?

> I need a log function to solve problems.

What exactly do you want to log?  What exactly are you having problems with?

> I found the TIdLogStream component but how do I use it?

TIdLog... components are Intercepts.  Simply assign them to the main
component's Intercept property and configure them as needed.  In this case,
by assigning a suitable TStream objects to the InputStream and OutputStream
properties.

> I wanna save all incoming and outgoing messages in a TMemo.

I would suggest using TIdLogEvent for that instead.