Re: BDS2006 win32 and snapsho,t install help needed

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: BDS2006 win32 and snapsho,t install help needed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006

"Tarvirdi" <m_tarvir…@isc.iranet.net> wrote in message
news:B43F64310C02E340m_tarvir…@isc.iranet.net...

> I am using Indy 10.0.76

That is an old version.  You should consider upgrading to the latest 10.1.5
snapshot.

> problem with FTP (sometimes some chars changed during get file on big
file!).

TIdFTP does not change any characters of the transferred data.  Data is
always transferred as-is.  Your problem has to lay elsewhere.  What EXACTLY
is happening?  Please provide specific details.

> I decided to upgrade to Indy 10.1.5.

A wide decision.

> In AtozedSoftware in "Indy Plus files" I can't find BDS2006 win32 ver!!!

There isn't anything for BDS in the IndyPlus installer.  That installer
hasn't been updated in awhile, before BDS was released.  Download the
snapshot and compile it directly instead.

> can I find ready to install of 10.1.5

There isn't any.  10.1.5 is a snapshot.  You have to compile it yourself.
There are BDS 2006 project files available in the snapshot.

> I started from base needed package "system", so went to "\lib\system"
> directory and found "Lib\System\IndySystem110.dpk" and opened in
> BDS2006Win32.Try to compile but get error "IdStreamRandomAccess.dcu
> not found"!!

You are trying to compile outdated files.  There is no IdStreamRandomAccess
unit in the current Indy 10 snapshot.  That is an old class that was phased
out awhile ago, along with all of the other IdStream... classes.  TIdStream
itself is now a direct typedef for TStream under Win32.

> For BDS2006win32 which packs should I use 100 or 110?

110.  The numbers are the IDE version (10.0 and 11.0, respectively).  Delphi
2005 was Delphi 10.  BDS 2006 is Delphi 11.